1st Annual Senior 50 & 60's Dance Contest - Wednesday, March 2, 2016
This is an amateur dance contest to live music for ages 62 and over, and is limited to the first 15 couples to register for each category. Registration is 'on site' only and will begin at 12:15 and end at 1:00 on the day of the event. The Dance Contest will begin at 1:30. The judging process will take place during the dance performance for each category with eliminations occurring until only three couples remain. The three remaining couples will then dance to a new song and be selected for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Places. Categories are Jitterbug and Twist.
1st Place - $100 and a Trophy
2nd Place - $50 and a Trophy
3rd Place - $25 and a Trophy
Registration is Free!! Registration form will include a liability release and must be signed by each and every participant in the Dance Contest. Live music provided by the Del Prados. Registration and Contest will be located inside the Whaley Hall located on the Fairgrounds.
1st Annual Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest -
Sunday, March 6, 2016
You must pre register for this contest, and must be at least 18 years of age to enter. There will be three (3) Classes in this contest, and only ten spaces per Class. The first ten to register in each class will be accepted. You may enter more than one class. The contest will be held Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 2:00 pm on the Family Stage inside of the Lee Civic Center, located on the Fairgrounds.
1. Each person will have one 10 inch pumpkin pie with crust. There is no whipped cream on the pie.
2. You may not cut the pie, but you may use your hands and a spoon.
3. The first contestant in each class to finish eating its pie, stand up and open their mouth to show it is empty & have clean, empty hands will be declared the winner.
4. There will be only one winner per class.
5. You will have a glass of water, which will be kept filled.
6. You may take any unfinished pie with you.
7. Registration is FREE! Registration form will include a liability release and must be signed by each particpant.
The winner delcared in each Class will receive a $50.00 gift certificate from PUBLIX MARKET. Complimentary Gate Admission will be provided to each participant.
Miss Southwest Florida & Lee County Fair Beauty Contest
This Beauty Contest will be held Saturday, Feb 27 at 6:00 pm, and is open to ages baby to 18 years of age.
For all information and to register, please contact Susie Hosford at 239-822-4661.
Deadline for registation is Friday, February 12, 2016.
2nd Annual Hay Bale Decorating Contest
Wild Wranglerz 4H Club
Hayloft Western Wear
Hog Wild Steer Krazy Club Florida Power & Light
Southern Pride 4H Club
National Cremation & Burial Society
- Open to any group, club, or business, under two Divisions: Youth Organizations and Adult Organizations.
- There will be a maximum of 6 bales for the competition, on a first come basis. The first three entry forms received from each Division will receive one round hay bale to decorate. Threre is no fee to enter - bales are sponsored by Sweet Cypress Ranch.
Entries will be judged on eye appeal, construction, creativity, and use of materials (25 % each).
Hay bales are to be decorated with a good clean wholesome nature. No vulgar or suggestive decorations allowed.
- Hay bales can be placed lying on their side or standing on end, with exhibit space being approximately 10’x15’.
- Decorations should be weather and wind-proof, as the bales will be staged outdoors; only solar lighting allowed.
- Paint may be applied to the hay bale only.
- Hay bales may be decorated Tuesday, February 23rd and Wednesday, February 24th, between the hours of 9am and 8pm. Judging will take place on Thursday, February 26, 2016, prior to Fair opening.
- 12”x 24”plastic corrugated sign board with logo of organization is allowed. No other signs allowed.
- Decorated hay bales are the property of the Southwest Florida and Lee County Fair Association, Inc.