The primary purpose of the Fair is to provide a place to display livestock, agriculture, crafts and the like in a safe, family-oriented environment. The Southwest Florida & Lee County Fair is a special annual event of very limited duration, with a specific objective of providing thousands of attendees an educational and entertainment experience, serving a main audience of family and youth, in a safe, family-oriented environment. .
**PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A TICKET, PASS, OR RIDE ARMBAND AND ENTRY INTO THE SOUTHWEST FLORIDA & LEE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS CONSTITUTES YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF ALL RULES, SAFETY GUIDELINES, PROHIBITED ITEMS, ANY EXPOSURES RELATED TO A FAIR, INCLUDING UNEVEN GROUNDS AND SURFACES, ANIMALS, RIDE ACTIVITIES, AND INCLUDING COMMUNICABLE DISEASES AS POSTED ON SWFLCFAIR.COM**
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Southwest Florida & Lee County Fair Association (Fair Association) aims to provide a safe, comfortable, and pleasant environment for its guests while on the Fairgrounds at the Lee Civic Center. When attending the Fair, we ask that all guests abide by the following:
- Please show common courtesy to fellow guests by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior.
- All guests and containers entering the Fairgrounds are subject to a protective screening and/or search for prohibited items, including alcoholic beverages, narcotics or other illegal items.
- There is no smoking inside any building or barn.
- The Fairgrounds are monitored 24 hours a day by video security cameras.
- Guests are allowed to bring single wagons and may not connect multiple wagons to each other.
- A speed limit of 5 ½ MPH is enforced on all facility roadways and parking lots.
- The Fair Association is not responsible for and assumes no liability arising from fire, theft, damage to or loss of vehicle or any article left inside the vehicle for persons parked at the Fairgrounds. Please lock your vehicle.
- This facility operates in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Shirts and shoes are required to be worn at all times.
NEW CLEAR BAG POLICY
To provide a safe, enjoyable environment for all attendees, the Southwest Florida & Lee County Fair Association is implementing a mandatory clear bag policy.
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” — a logo no larger than 4.5” x 3.4” can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag[Ziploc bag or similar]
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” — approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items (after proper inspection)
- Diaper bags accompanied with a baby (after proper inspection)
All bags will be subject to search upon arrival and any bags that exceed the permitted size will not be allowed in.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses or clutch bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
- Clear backpacks
- Binocular cases
- Camera cases
- Cinch/drawstring bags
- Fanny packs
- Tinted or printed pattern plastic bags
- Oversized tote bags
- Mesh bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
Anyone wearing clothing or jewelry or other personal items that fair management deems offensive or gang-related will not be allowed on the fairgrounds. Exceptions and challenges will be answered at the discretion of fair management.
THE FOLLOWING IS PROHIBITED:
- Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be weapons (including toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
- Running, shouting, aggressive horseplay and throwing of any objects. Disorderly or disruptive conduct and threatening, belligerent or hostile behavior.
- Blocking any building, booth, exhibit, concession stand, gate, stage, doorway, walkway, fire exit or stairway so as to impede access.
- Bicycle riding, skateboarding, hoverboards, rollerblading, skating, recreational scooters ,or 2 and/or 3 wheeled recreational motorized mobility devices.
- Bringing in alcoholic beverages, narcotics, or any illegal substances.
- Sitting on or placing feet on table tops, spitting or littering.
- Drones, selfie sticks, or tripods.
- Pets, except approved service animals. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. No Emotional Support Animals allowed.
- Items that obscure the fact, including but not limited to clothing, apparel or masks.
- Interfering with business or law enforcement activities in violation of applicable laws and statutes.
- Soliciting contributions or signatures, leafletting, picketing or displaying signs, posters or banners, except in designated areas as defined by the current Fair Association First Amendment Policy posted on their Fair’s Association’s website.
- Distributing or selling buttons, stickers, hats, balloons, T-shirts, novelty items, food and beverage items by non-concessionaires.
- Any activities that could result in physical harm to a person or property.
- Any other object which in the opinion of the Fair Association may affect the safety and well-being of persons attending the Fair.
NOTE: Any violation of the Code of Conduct will result in a person already admitted to the Fairgrounds to leave the facility grounds without refund, liability or compensation.
Service Animals: click here
Code of Conduct – click here.
Social Media Policy – click here.
Prohibited Items and Activities – click here
Remotely Controlled Vehicles and Drone Policy – click here.
Non-Admission of Criminal Gang Members Policy – click here
First Amendment Policy and Free Speech Activities Guidelines – click here.
First Amendment Policy and Free Speech Activities Zone Registration Form – click here